1. The screenplays are literate
(Usually a very good sign: he wrote the screenplays for Pride & Prejudice (1995) and Bleak House (2005), among many others)
2. The direction is striking
(He also directed The King's Speech (2010))
3. The casts are excellent
Amanda Root (of the exquisite Persuasion (1995)) as Mrs. Davilow
Romola Garai (of Emma (2009)) as Gwendolen
Hugh Dancy (of The Jane Austen Book Club (2007)) as Daniel
Johdi May (of The Mayor of Casterbridge (2003)) as Mirah
4. The interiors are amazing
(Shweta, I hope you're noting the chandeliers!)
5. There's passion...
6. ...and skullduggery
(You may recognize David Bamber, the loathsome Mr. Collins in Pride & Prejudice)
7. Not to mention immense staircases
8. ...immense chignons...
9. ..and last but not least, immense bustles!
What's not to love?