Wednesday, February 24, 2010

70s Week

We're halfway through 70s Week (an inspiration of Beth Loves Bollywood), and the fabulousness just keeps coming. There have been too many excellent 70s Week contributions for me to list them all, but among my favorite posts so far:

70s OST Top 10 (Apni East India Company): Shweta shows why the accomplishments of artists like composer RD Burman and singer Kishore Kumar remain unsurpassed.

Don vs. Don: Two will enter only one will leave! (FilmiGirl): It's a throwdown between the 2006 Farhan Akhtar-directed remake and the 1970s original written by Farhan's father Javed Akhtar. Slickness vs. heart--which will win?

My ten favorite 70s movies (MemsaabStory): Memsaab is the ideal guide to 1970s Bollywood; now I have to track down these movies!

Shining the spotlight on Gulzar (Old Is Gold): 1970s Bollywood wasn't only masala craziness; here Bollyviewer writes about the "delicate and ethereal beauty" of director/writer/lyricist Gulzar's films.

Romance and awesome heroines (...so they dance!): Veracious writes that one of the best things about 1970s Bollywood movies is their fierce heroines portrayed by actresses like Hema Malini and Neetu Singh (to which I'd add Don's Zeenat Aman).

I haven't seen nearly enough films from the era to do my own 70s Week post, but I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week!

(Thanks to V Love Movies for the 70s Week logo.)

1 comment :

  1. I'm with you, Pessimisissimo, on not having seen enough 70s stuff to participate, but I adore the fashions and the music. My horizons have been expanded greatly over the last 8 days or so. ;-)

    ReplyDelete